Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reading Strategy - Monitoring and Clarifying

I did a mini-lesson on monitoring and clarifying this week. I was pleasantly surprised when with the strategies my students gave for our anchor chart. Check it out!

One of the other resources I use for this is Explode the Code. It especially helps students who make visual errors when attempting to read words because it makes them look at the whole word and each of the sounds in the word. It's more of a phonics-based program, but it also has comprehension as you get into higher levels. I really like how it helps with syllabication, and thus, fluency!

Here are some sample pages provided by School Specialty. Please note the copyright! View by clicking on ONE of the images - they all link the same pdf.








No comments:

Post a Comment