- Lebron James (basketball)
- Muhammad Ali (boxing)
- Leila Ali (boxing)
- Dwayne Wade (basketball)
- Venus and Serena Williams (tennis)
- Dominique Dawes (gymnastics)
- Derek Jeter (baseball)
- Alex Rodriguez (baseball)
- Pele (soccer)
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee (track and field)
- Florence Griffith-Joyner (track and field)
- Althea Gibson (tennis)
- Lisa Leslie (basketball)
- Sheryl Swoopes (basketball)
Of course, I also allowed them to write about other athletes, especially ones such as Michele Kwan, Jim Thorpe, Babe Ruth, Mia Hamm, and Nomar Garciaparra who were also in our reading.
We created this anchor chart to show what we learned when we analyze the author's craft in Jump.
One of my students found this book in our library:
If you'd like to do the project but don't have our reading program, check out these links!