Monday, July 25, 2011

Prediction Pete

In my classroom, I have a stuffed wizard named Prediction Pete, an Ask Zandar globe (remember that game?), a wizard hat, and a star pointer. I also use this icon on my sheets whenever I want students to make a prediction. As soon as they see it, they know what to do!
Anticipation guides are also a great way of having students predict, make inferences, and make conclusions about story events because they offer more structure. Click on either of my examples (astronomy or Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - my favorite book EVER!) to download templates.
Here are some  other resources for using the prediction strategy:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for following my blog and listing it in your blog roll. I am now a new follower of your blog,and I am loving your ideas!

    ReplyDelete