Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chinese New Year

We have been enjoying Chinese New Year! In music class, students sang traditional songs and even got to be a dragon!

One of our students wore a special outfit and brought us candy, chopsticks, and a mat with the Chinese zodiac symbols on it! She told us about traditions of not sweeping, wearing new clothing, and eating food with special "good luck" names.




I showed students pictures from my trip to Chinatown in San Francisco, California.







What year were you born? Are you a cat or a rat?

1 comment:

  1. I love bringing pictures from my trips into the classroom. While we were learning about Martin Luther King, the kids were so excited to see my pictures from Washington DC.

    And I'm a rooster!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete