Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Mr. Rubbish Mood

This week's reading story is called A Mr. Rubbish Mood by Megan McDonald. It's an excerpt from Judy Moody Saves the World! I think the best things about this story are that it gets kids concerned about the environment and it also gets them excited to read the actual chapter book!

Scholastic has a great deal right now - 9 different books in the Judy Moody pack for only $32!

Of course...it also got my students excited because of the new movie Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer. Journeys really makes it too easy for me to do movie tie-ins, but my students get to choose behavioral rewards to work for and they are always #1 on their list.

Here's the trailer for Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer.

Visit the Judy Moody site of Megan McDonald (the author)!


A great companion to this book is Michael Recycle.

We also love Once I Was a Cardboard Box!

My students will be making sculptures and objects out of reused materials this weekend. Stay tuned to see pictures of their projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment